Friday 11 November 2016

11/11

For the Fallen: I know the next verse is the popular one, but I still find this one more moving:
They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

In these present times, I'd also add one of my favourite verses from one of Mark Knoplfer's finest, the evocative "Brothers In Arms":
There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones..

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. When I went to the Dire Straits play I had to stay for Sultans of Swing which was treat, as well.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...